GIS in marketing
Why use GIS?
If you need to know the answers to any of these questions, you need GIS:
- Where are my best markets?
- Is the competition growing?
- Which sales territories are under performing?
- Where should we allocate advertising money?
- What are the best sites for expansion?
- How can I better serve my customer?
- How do I implement routing and planning?
- Can I use census data to find out unexplored markets and potential markets?
- Can I analyze my information/database geographically?
GIS and mapping solutions are used by many businesses to help them understand dynamic situations and make more savvy strategic decisions. GIS/Mapping solutions can help tailor the needs of any kind of geographically widespread operation.
GIS is described as a geographical equivalent of a spreadsheet, i.e. allows answers to "what if" questions with spatial dimensions.
Area-wise display on map of sale of products is possible. With areas could be split up as post maps, block-maps, tehsil-maps, district-maps or state-maps. This ensures cost-effective sales planning.Area-wise display on map of sale of products is possible.
- Analyze customer profiles.
- Market potential assessment
- Link census data with maps
- Plan routes and schedules.
- Select target customers.
- Target your marketing.
- Districting for Promotional campaigns.
- Evaluate potential locations.
- Brand-wise figures.
- Model-wise figures.
- Area-wise visits by sales staff.
- Market share analysis charts.