Geographic Information Systems in E-governance
Electronic Governance(e-governance) is tool by which citizens can communicate with government. Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) provides appropriate e-government solutions for citizens with the help of Geographic Information Systems (GIS). A user friendly GIS software like can play an important role in planning, developing and implementation of government programmes by for example allowing creation of GIS enabled websites, use of GIS in planning and monitoring of agricultural sectors and much more through digital governance.
- Find land use like residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural etc.
- Find flood-prone areas, usar land and risk from other natural disasters.
- Layout of roads, drainage system and water-connections, utility cables.
- Access to park, markets, hotels, airport, railway-station, hospitals and schools.
- Land use private, agriculture, commercial.
- Property owner-ship no, name of owner, name of area, present status, tax files, via their geographical positions.
- Area wise Comparison of revenue collected and projected,according to the database.
- Link consumer billing system with power supplied to each 11KV->440V transformer, or feeder with 33KV.
- Match the money collected vs power supply of a specific area.
- Identify and report leak points (area wise) with quantity of theft
- Mark areas of major default for enhanced vigilance.
In the telecommunication sector for e.g. telephone exchanges information:
- Number of levels, no. of pillars.
- Lay out of cables, primary cables, leak points.
- Load vs geographical area of an exchange.
- no. of subscribes along with the capacity of that exchange.
- Depict variety and quantity of cane grown plot wise/grower wise/village wise/center wise.
- Calculation of cane area to predict and calculate harvest.
- Variety and type wise cane area can be shown.
- Total cane production on the basis of average cane yield can be predicted.
- Points of interest in a city with features and photographs.(mobility)
- Places to stay along with the information needed.
- Access to markets, parks, railway station, hospital, airport etc.