This order entry system has been developed in association with Buteo Software, Ohio, US for
The quick order entry system is designed to allow dealers and retailers to quickly enter orders for the extensive hierarchical catalog of Gare Inc. The product inventory, dealer(customer) database and orders are all stored on a Microsoft MS-SQL database server. On demand, the order tables are exported in the form of an Access mdb file, and served via the web to the requesting employee.
The web application provides an employee interface to manage the application, and a customer interface, which can be used for entering bulk orders.
- Data import and export between Access mdb files and MSSQL database.
- Grouping of case packing of items, items into categories and classes.
- Complex business rules for discount, partner pricing, shipping, item availability, item numbering (the digits of the item number represent classes, categories, case quantity etc.) and exceptions to rules of item numbering!
- A cart-summary gives a summary of the items you have placed in your cart.
- The cart displays discounts and shipping according to customer type and other business rules.
- The cart (order) can be filled out across multiple sittings. The session is saved to database, and restored whenever the same user logs on again.
- Details of the order are emailed to the customer and webmaster, as also stored into MSSQL database.
The system is functional (but password protected) at